Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Intermediate Unit 1 has a new director

The Intermediate Unit 1 Board selected its new executive director Friday.
Charles Mahoney, the acting executive director of the IU1, was given a four-year term that is effective April 1. The details of his contract still are being negotiated.
“For years, I wore the hat of a school district administrator so I know first hand the issues facing school districts,” Mahoney said in a news release. “I also thought I knew the high quality of work performed by the IU1 staff, but the view from the inside is even more impressive than I realized.”
He served as Chartiers-Houston School District superintendent for 12 years and worked in the McGuffey School District in several administrative positions for 16 years.
Mahoney replaces Larry O’Shea, who left a few months ago to be an executive director in a different IU.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home