Monday, April 27, 2009

Are cyber bullies more of a threat that sexual predators?

Experts that I talked to said that children are much more likely to come in contact with cyberbullies than online sexual predators. They, and area students, say the phenomenon of cyberbullying is growing. One poster commented on my story that this is just a new form of bullying - many of the folks I talked with agreed. Essentially those who are bullied don't have a safe haven at home any more unless they are not going online or know how to block cyberbullies.
What do you think can be done about it?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying to fix these types of problems, like cyberbullying, in 'today's world', without having God in the home, is like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. I have raised three children and have young grandchildren. I have been an abuse victim in the past and am a survivor. I am a trained volunteer for the Women's Shelter, so I am familiar with their work and policies. What I am getting at here is that unless we bring our women and children to faith in God, the 'quick fix' remedies to problems like abuse and bullying will result in a false sense that a solution has been found. In the long term, these 'fixes' will have no lasting value.

May 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home