Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One significant key to a child's success? An involved parent

Research tells us that being involved in your child’s life will help them be more successful. Children can perform well in school if their parents aren't involved. But they have a better shot at success if their parents are involved.
Some area parents are finding a variety of ways to be involved - from making sure their children have breakfast before school to helping with homework to helping the classroom. The result? Their children bloom.
Yet too many parents aren’t taking the time - when we know it works.
You can find more details in my story.
So what about you? What do you do with your children? Do you have any ideas about how parents can get more involved involved?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to attend all of the school's teacher conferences even though my children did well in school. I am convinced that knowing the teacher and having them know that I was interested helped my student. Even now I am involved in their activities and they don't seem to mind. I know that parents are busy now, but it is too important not to be involved.

-amom

February 16, 2009 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Dawn Keller said...

The gentleman I spoke to from the Parent Institute told me that in surveys the top reason that parents aren't involved is because they don't know it's important and the second most common reason is because they don't know what to do. I hope these parental involvement stories will give them some ideas.
Dawn

February 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home